100% Original Maxell Batteries from Japan. Beware of Imitation.
Such unauthorised products can cause serious injury to the user and damage to equipment. We recommend strongly that only 100% original Maxell products be used.
- CR1620 - Year 2026 (Updated on Sept 2016)
- Made in Japan
*1 Nominal capacity indicates duration until the voltage drops down to 2.0V when discharged at a nominal discharge current at 20 deg. C.
*2 When using these batteries at temperatures outside the range of 0 to +40 deg. C, please consult Maxell in advance for conditions of use.
*3 Dimensions and weight are for the battery itself, but may vary depending on the shape of terminals or other factors.
Principle and Reactions
The coin type lithium manganese dioxide battery uses manganese dioxide (MnO2) as its positive active material, lithium (Li) as its negative active material, and an organic electrolyte.
|Positive reaction ：
||MnO2+Li++e- -> MnOOLi
|Negative reaction ：
||Li -> Li++e-
|Total reaction ：
||MnO2+Li -> MnOOLi
Advantages of Maxell Lithium Coin Cell Batteries:
- High, 3.0V energy density. They have about twice the nominal voltage of alkaline and silver oxide button batteries.
- Stable discharge characteristics through low internal resistance and high operating voltage. Their design employs a highly conductive electrolyte, which lowers internal resistance and provides a stable operating voltage. This allows for a constant power, with little change in operating voltage over a wide wide of operating temperatures from -20C to +85C.
- Superior leakage resistance and excellent storage characteristics. They employ a leak-resistant organic electrolyte, superior to other battery systems using alkaline electrolytes. The high effectiveness of the seal structure and application of sealant keep self-discharge to minimal amount of about 1% per year.
- Superior high rate discharge characteristics. Optimum for memory and RTC backup displays. Long-term, stable operating voltage at low load discharge.
UL Recognized Components
The coin type lithium manganese dioxide battery is a UL (Underwriters Laboratories Inc.) recognized component.
CR2032, CR2032H,CR2025, CR2016,
CR1632, CR1620, CR1616, CR1220, CR1216
Certification number: MH12568
●OA Machines (Fax, Copiers, Printers) ●Notebook PCs ●Desktop PCs
●PDAs ●Electronic Dictionaries ●Calculators
●Camcorders ●Digital Still Cameras ●Film Cameras
●Portable CD/MD Players ●Watches ●Medical Instruments, Cash Registers
●Electronic Meters (Gas, Water, Electricity) ●Keyless Entry Systems
●Portable Game Devices ●Remote Controllers
●FA Instruments (Measuring Instruments, Onboard Microcomputers, Sensors)
• Data and dimensions are not guaranteed. For further details, please contact us at your nearest Maxell office.
• Contents on this website are subject to change without notice.